Therabaqud Leic / Officina Magnetika Antonbrega - The Globe Corner (Cassette C46, Minus Habens Records)



A split release with two tracks, that are totally different from each other.

The Therabaqud Leic (AKA Gianluigi Russolo) track is a mixture of sinister ambient and synthesizer noises. It has a futuristic / sci-fi sound, which reminded me a bit of the soundtrack from Blade Runner. Also allot of delay usage can be heard through its entire length. This track would be very suitable for a dark and dystopian science fiction film. I really enjoyed this one.

The song by Officina Magnetika Antonbrega is totally different.
Guitars, woodwinds, singing voices, ethnic percussion and
unrecognisable noises in the background are the instruments and sounds for this track. It has a detuned sound most of the time. And it jumps from one mood to another, a bit like jazz music. At fiveteen minuts the sounds get more interesting and more consistent in its sound. I don't know what to think of this track. Maybe it reminds me of a orchestra band that has gone insane, or maybe they were bored and just played what came to mind.

I actually only liked the first track and thats why I reviewed this album.
The second track has some interesting moments, but they are scarse.
Its still downloadable somewhere I think. So its definitely worth checking out if
you are into dark ambient and synthesizer noise.