I Watched You Die – Backyard Decay (Cassette, Distorted Visions 2013)



“I Watched You Die” is the HNW project from Alex Nowacki, located in Iowa.

On this release he brings 2 tracks, around 22 minutes each. Both are static crushing HNW in its purest form. When I listened to this record I imagined shards of memories in b&w, flashing by and projecting like a film reel, with distorted and missing frames from the past. The second track is slightly sharper in sound but there is not much difference between both tracks. The overall sound is very indifferent, so it gives room to start fantasizing about subjects from your life, or the artwork chosen for this album.

Decaying memory or objects are the subjects of choice for me in this ever lasting wall of horrid bliss.
The artwork is also definitely an eye catcher.
Check this out if you like HNW in its most basic form.

Listen/buy:
Bandcamp